Pocket Plush Commission Info (OPEN)
I’ve been saying I’ll do commissions for how many months now? Finally, I actually make the post and will be committing to it!
Just a background info, in case you don’t know me.
I’m pretty sure you don’t. So I make plushies, which I call pocket dolls. The story behind it is that during an interview for BBC Sherlock, Benedict said that he wanted to pocket Martin, which then just gave me the desire to have some sort of Pocket Martin for myself as well. So I dove in and tried to make it myself. Through a long trial and error, I finally made a doll that I like! My first doll was Pocket!Bilbo. My time with him didn’t last that long because Martin Fucking Freeman has him. So after that HUGE MOMENT, I then decided to make this my goal in my sorry life, and began to make dolls and give it to people that I love and adore. But alas, I can’t always give these for free. I need other ways of earning some cash.
So I’m going to trust William Kircher’s advice that I would make fortune if I sell these. Now this is where we start!
- I will mostly do fandoms that I’m in, or am familiar with. (i.e. DW, SPN. GoT, Sherlock, Hannibal, TWD, Cabin Pressure, LotR, The Hobbit, etc.) I have the rights to decline order if it’s a fandom I don’t really care about… sorry. I think you’d rather have someone who knows and loves that fandom well than someone who doesn’t and will end up doing a mediocre work on it. Just ask me and I’ll let you know if I’m familiar with the fandom/characters.
- For now, No OCs please! I’ll try that one out next time.
- When asking for a character and for a specific outfit that they wore in the show, please provide pictures so I can use those as reference. I will do my best to make it as close as possible.
- A limit of 2 characters per commissioners. Characters can be from two different fandom, or you can do your OTP as an idea?
- PLEASE NOTE: The following characters from The Hobbit are off limits until further notice: Bofur, Bombur, Balin, Ori, Nori, Dori, Gloin, Oin, Thranduil, Bilbo, Thorin, & Smaug (I’m still working on his pattern). Everyone else is available.
- Lester Nygaard from FX Fargo (recent)
- Thorin Oakenshield from The Hobbit
- Sherlock Holmes from BBC Sherlock (mustache is removable)
- Jack Frost from Rise of the Guardians & Hiccup from How to train your Dragon (commission example)
- Cecil and Carlos the Scientist from Welcome to Night Vale (ONLY EXAMPLE. WTNV IS NOT FOR SALE) (To those previous winners of my giveaway DON’T WORRY I HAVEN’T FORGOT ABOUT YOU)
- Basic materials: craft velour for skin, wool felt, cotton velvet/polyester velvet (one of these two i forget) for hair, polyester fiberfill, iron-on fabric transfer, fabric paint, fabric dyes & scraps of fabrics that I get from work.
- Size of doll is set to 6 1/2 inches.
- Doll is 75% hand sewn and 25% machine sewn.
- Price is *$50 USD + shipping (depending on your location)
- *Additional small charges may apply, depending on the level of complexity of the character. i.e. Thorin, Dwalin.
- Paypal only please!
- We can talk about payment in private.
- I work weekdays, so I only have time to make these in some evenings and over the weekend. So please keep that in mind, especially if you request for a due date! I will make sure to send this out to you once it’s complete.
- If you wish, I will send you WIP pictures via email as I make them.
As for now, there will be 5 slots open. I’m gonna be focused on making these dolls, so hopefully I can do these quick and open up commission again!
Comments? Questions? Concerns? Interested? Feel free to leave a message in my askbox, or please email me at email@example.com. If you’re not interested, then that’s cool too! If you signal boost this out, then that would be super awesome of you ;u;
I’m lucky enough to have a little Sherlock one of these and it is precious and I love him. Highly recommend!