We’re launching a new book project and want YOU to be a part of it!
We’ve seen a tremendous outpouring of truly inspiring support from all over the world for the campaign to save Undershaw. We want to encourage even more people to join our cause!
To that end, we are creating an anthology of essays, photographs, and artwork from you, the people who have been there for Undershaw and who have worked alongside us. We are looking for your thoughts about Undershaw and the campaign, highlighting the spirit of what has brought us all together and keeps us going.
Consider the following as you write your entry:
- When and how did you first learn of the plight of Undershaw? How did you first become involved in the campaign?
- What does being involved with the campaign mean to you?
- Tell us about your experiences with, and impressions of, Undershaw (past or present).
- What impact has the campaign to save Undershaw had on your life?
- What sorts of contributions (great or small) have you made to the campaign?
- What sorts of experiences have you had? What people have you met?
- Have you faced any challenges? If so, what were they and how did you surmount them?
- Equally, have you had any great successes?
- Ideally, what would you like to see happen with the property?
Essays: Essays should be between 500 and 600 words in length and should be submitted to us as a Word document or compatible format. Please also include your name, and if you’d like, your general location (country, city, etc.). Tell us of your memories, your hopes, and your dreams for Undershaw. Artwork/Photography:
All artwork of any kind must be sent in .jpg format. We are looking for anything that ‘visually’ captures the spirit of the ‘Save Undershaw’ campaign and may include photographs, illustrations/paintings, digitally-produced flyers or posters. This can be from visits to the property (either recent, or from times past), still-shots of related meetings, gatherings, and events, or any of the flyers or photographs submitted to us over the course of the campaign (to save us the time searching through our archives, if you have previously sent us artwork that you’d like to be considered, please re-submit). The emphasis here should be on capturing and expressing the passion and emotion behind our battle to save Undershaw. Show us how you feel! Entries may be submitted from now to March 1, 2013
. Once the submission period has closed we will begin the process of selecting exactly 221 entries to be published in the final anthology. No more, no less.
Please send all entries and/or further queries to: email@example.com.
Mark the subject line of your email “Project 221” so that it isn’t mistaken for spam and deleted. Thanks!